Thursday, October 23, 2008

Do you want bank charges abolished?

This one is a real bug bear with me at the moment. The credit crunch has really been hitting my family hard and that along with a series of recent misfortunes has meant we blew our overdraft limit. Now the vicious cycle of bank charges = another overdraft limit breached = another bank charge = bank gets richer = we get pushed further into poverty has started.

Despite pleads to the bank for help and breathing space it has fallen on deaf ears. They couldn't even increase our overdraft yet the helpful person at the other end of the phone said that as 'you are a priority customer we can give you a loan'.

In a less serious time I would have found this funny but I'm not laughing, I'm fuming.

I shall not mention my bank's name as that would only give them yet another reason to steal my money in the form of a lawsuit.

Anyone else think bank charges should be abolished in the UK?

~JAY T~

No comments: